DR. SRINIWAS B. THAKUR
M. B. B. S, M. D. GERIATRIC MEDICINE (AIIMS, NEW DELHI)
Dr. Sriniwas Thakur is a Consultant Geriatrician (an Elderly Care Specialist Physician).
Geriatrics is a specialty that focuses exclusively on the healthcare of Senior Citizen’s (60 years of age and above).
Dr. Thakur truly believes that the elderly, who have provided and contributed towards the well-being of their children, community and society, indeed do deserve a comprehensive and holistic care.
He is keenly involved in promoting “Healthy and Active Ageing” and raising awareness about “Geriatric Medicine” through his lectures, CME’s and community public talks across Mumbai. He is regularly contributing health articles in newspapers, concerning various aspects of health affecting our elderly people.
He always passionately strives to provide the best possible care, through his expertise in his specialty, to help the elderly people live a successful, healthy, active and independent life.
Regarding Dr. Thakur’s credentials:
He has always excelled in his academics throughout school and college.
He is a distinction holder in M. B. B. S. with individual subject distinctions in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Ophthalmology, Paediatrics and Topper of Medical College in Final Year M. B. B. S.
He has done his externship from Seth G. S. Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai.
He has completed his M. D. Geriatric Medicine Residency from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi; the most prestigious medical institute in India. He has received his specialist training under the mentorship of Professor Dr. A. B. Dey, who is an Internationally Renowned Clinician and one of the main pioneers of Geriatric Medicine in India.
Currently he is attached as a Consultant Geriatrician at renowned hospitals like Fortis Hospital – Mulund, Jupiter Hospital - Thane, Bethany Hospital – Thane, Kaushalya Hospital – Thane and Dr. Godbole’s Heart Care Hospital – Thane.
His private consulting OPD is at Spectrum Clinic – Thane.
Dr. Sriniwas Thakur is presently the only qualified M. D. Geriatrician in the city of Mumbai.
- Acute and Intensive Medical Care Management of Elderly
- Diabetes, Hypertension and related complications treatment
- Treatment of Respiratory Problems in Elderly
- Heart Failure management
- Parkinson Disease treatment
- Treatment of Infections in Elderly
- Multi-morbidity management
- Gait and Movement Disorders management
- Alzheimers and related Neuro-cognitive Disorders management
- Falls Prevention and management
- Pre- and Post- Operative Geriatric Care
- Arthritis and Osteoporosis treatment
- Management of Malnutrition in Elderly
- Treatment of Urinary problems in Elderly
- Management of Altered Bowel Habits (Constipation/Diarrhoea) in Elderly
- Treatment of Sleep issues in Elderly
- Preventive Geriatrics and Elderly Immunisation
- Cancer Palliative Care
- Invited as Faculty Speaker at the Fracture Symposium at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital (KDAH), Andheri, Mumbai to form consensus on Intertrochanteric Fractures Treatment, to deliver a talk on "Physiological considerations in perioperative period in geriatric patients" - 2018
- Invited as Faculty Speaker at the 12th Annual Conference of RSSDI – Maharashtra Chapter (Maha-RSSDI), Mumbai; to deliver a talk on “Diabetes in Elderly” – 2018
- Talk on Geriatric Medicine with the doctors of various branches of Indian Medical Association (IMA), Mumbai – 2017
- Invited as a Faculty Speaker on Geriatric Care at the Regional Resource Training Centre (RRTC) for Old Age Care Division, organized by National Institute of Social Defence (NISD), under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE), Government of India, at Mumbai – 2016
- Faculty Speaker on “Heart Failure: Interventions & Future Prospects” at the Heart Failure Symposium, at Indian Ageing Congress (IAC), AIIMS, New Delhi – 2016
- Oral paper presentation – 3rd International conference on Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine (ICGGM) and International Network of Prevention of Elder Abuse (INPEA) – 2015
- Prize for Poster Presentation – 13th Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Geriatrics (IAG), GERICON 2015, Chandigarh – 2015
- InterRAI Summer Camp for training on Palliative Care at Leuven, Belgium – 2015
- Oral Paper Presentation – 17th Asia Pacific Regional Conference (APRC) of Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI), New Delhi – 2015
- Oral Paper Presentation – 12th Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Geriatrics (IAG), GERICON 2014, Bengaluru – 2014
- Oral Paper Presentation – 12th Global Conference on Ageing (IFA), Hyderabad – 2014
- Indian Medical Association (IMA) - Life Member
- Indian Academy of Geriatrics (IAG) - Life Member
- Association of Physicians of India (API) - Life Member
- Association of Medical Consultants (AMC) - Life Member
- British Geriatrics Society (BGS) - Member
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
July 2013 to July 2016
- The best and most premier medical institute in India, Dr. Thakur spent 3 years at this institution and completed his M. D. Residency in Geriatric Medicine. He was actively involved in research and academic teaching during his tenure there. He had rotation in all other super-specialities like Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Psychiatry, Medical Oncology, Pulmonology, Critical care and ICU; with hands-on experience in patient care in each of them
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai
October 2016 to Present
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund is a JCI accredited, 300-bed multi-speciality tertiary care hospital providing a range of diagnostic and treatment services. Dr. Thakur joined this hospital as a Consultant Geriatrician. He has started Dedicated Geriatric Medicine Clinic over here, the 1st one in Mumbai by a qualified M. D. Geriatrician. He is actively involved with other specialists and super-specialists in providing comprehensive and holistic care to the elderly people
- OPD timings: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Bethany Hospital, Thane
December 2017 to Present
- It is a 125-bed multi-speciality tertiary care hospital, fully equipped for world class patient-centred medical and surgical services. Dr. Thakur is actively involved in rendering his expertise in Geriatric Medicine to patients visiting this hospital
- OPD timings: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- Spectrum Clinic, Thane
December 2017 to Present
- Conveniently located in the heart of Thane city, near Malhar Cinema, opposite Vodafone Gallery; being 10 minutes from Thane Railway station and 5 minutes from Teen-Hath Naka. Dr. Thakur has his private consulting OPD at this place
- OPD timings:
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Dr. Godbole's Heart Care Hospital, Naupada, Thane
January 2018 to Present
- A very well-known & renowned hospital in Thane for past many years. It has well equipped ICCU & MICU managed by well-trained Intensivists & excellent cardiac care. Dr. Thakur is attached as a Consultant Geriatrician at this hospital
- Jupiter Hospital, Thane
June 2018 to Present
- Dr. Thakur is attached as a Consultant Geriatrician at this hospital
- Jupiter Hospital timings Monday to Saturday: 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.